Monday, November 16, 2009

Everything I Learned in High School Science

Do you remember everything you learned in High School Science? Really? What about equilibrium constants? What about the difference between mutualism and commensalism? What about electromagnetic waves?

I'm taking the Science 8-12 texes test on Thursday as another step toward becoming a certified teacher. This test is so comprehensive that I have no idea if I've been studying for it effectively. As a Cell/Molecular Bio degree holder I thought I would be pretty good on bio and chem, but I'm realizing that there is a good amount of chemistry that I haven't seen since intro chemistry 6 years ago. I've spent most of the last month or two trying to re-learn physics, but now that its down to crunch time I realized that I better study the other stuff as well.

As much as studying can be a drag its actually different this time because I'm thinking in the back of my head how I would teach a lesson on each subject. I'm really excited about the prospect of being able to teach science to some young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment